08/01 - 14/01/2023
Shapes in white in Ischgl
Artistic works made out of snow and ice are set to amaze anyone visiting Ischgls' snow sculpture competition. Artists and sculptors will create masterpieces using snow from the middle of the superb mountain setting of the Paznaun region.
Frosty art at the Silvretta Arena
The first art project “Shapes in White” took place 29 years ago already. Since then, sculptors from all over the world send their designs to the jury of the Ischgl Snow Sculpture Contest each year. The jury chooses the best ideas and invites artist pairs to realise their concepts at the Silvretta Arena in Ischgl. The sculptors have five days to complete their creations made from snow – many of the up to ten metres in height. Let’s hope the artists don’t end up with icicles for fingers … So, in case you find yourself eye to eye with a giant snow sculpture – that can only mean one thing: It’s that time of the year again, when the Shapes in White festival is taking over the slopes of Ischgl!
And it gets even better: Thanks to guaranteed snow and constant low temperatures at the Silvretta Arena, the frosty art stays intact until the end of April. Turn your next ski day into a visit to a gallery and marvel at the “coolest” art in the world!
Shapes in White at a glance
- When: Construction of snow sculptures from 8 – 14 January 2023, ready to view from 14 January 2023
- Where: Silvretta Arena Ischgl-Samnaun
- Motto for 2023: future | future mobility | climate
- Who: Maybe you? Apply now!
You should definitely come to Shapes in White if …
- … you’ve always wanted to watch sculptors create their exceptional works of art from snow.
- … you would like to combine winter sports with art.
- … you want to switch the location of your next gallery visit from a museum to the 239 kilometres of slopes at the Silvretta Arena.