The winter season in Ischgl has started! On 26 November 2022, perfect piste conditions, sunshine and the "Top of the Mountain Opening Concert" with Sean Paul ensured a spectacular start to the season with 13,000 enthusiastic winter sports enthusiasts. The ski season in Ischgl runs until 1 May 2023. New in winter 2022/23: the spectacular Silvretta Spa and a MoonBikes Area.
From now on, it's "off to the slopes" again in Ischgl: On 26 November 2022, Sean Paul, "Mister Dancehall", opened the ski season in Ischgl with the legendary "Top of the Mountain Opening Concert". In front of the fantastic backdrop of the Alpine lifestyle metropolis, the multi-platinum Jamaican created a great atmosphere and party mood among his fans with songs such as "Get Busy", "Got 2 Luv U", "She Doesn't Mind" and "I'm Still in Love with You". For the opening weekend, Ischgl was delighted with perfect slopes and 13,000 visitors.
From now until 1 May 2023, skiers can ski across the border on 239 kilometres of pistes in the Silvretta Arena - from Austria to Switzerland. New in the 2022/23 winter season are the spectacular Silvretta Therme, which opens on 8 December, plus a state of the art a MoonBiking Area. All information at www.ischgl.com.
What's New in Ischgl Winter 2022/23
Silvretta Spa: Impressive inside and out. With the new Silvretta Spa, the Silvrettaseilbahn AG is creating an architectural milestone and upgrading the leisure facilities in the entire Paznaun region. At around 75 million euros, the highest single investment by Silvrettaseilbahn AG is something to be proud of. Eight different pools with a total of over 1,000 square metres of water surface are spread over four floors in two buildings, including a 25-metre sports pool, outdoor pool, spacious adventure pool, children's pool and a salt grotto. More than 1,500 square metres of sauna area with customs hut sauna, alpine herb sauna, event sauna, Swiss stone pine sauna and the centrepiece - the panorama sauna - are unparalleled. The spa spoils its guests with culinary delights in a trattoria with Italian delicacies, in the spa buffet and in the noble lounge with charcoal grill. In addition, a pool bar in the outdoor pool and an ice bar leave nothing to be desired. A high-end fitness studio with state-of-the-art training equipment, a physiotherapy practice with a health insurance contract, a range of health-promoting massages and an innovative cryogenic chamber ensure regeneration. Event facilities for up to 600 people are included. Highlight: the 1,300-square-metre ice-skating rink with a 250-metre-long passable tunnel, which runs once around the entire outdoor area. Good to know: The Silvretta Therme relies on alternative energy sources with geothermal energy and green electricity. More information on the new Ischgl Spa at www.silvrettatherme.at
MoonBiking in the new MoonBiking Area
If you want to try something new in Ischgl this winter, rent a MoonBike (e-snowbike) and explore the new MoonBikes Area or discover the mountain world around Ischgl on a guided tour. Price and reservation: www.ischgl.com
Exciting dates in the Ischgl winter
- 8-14 January 2023: At the "Shapes in White" snow sculpture competition, artists from all over the world transform the Silvretta Arena into an impressive open-air gallery on this year's theme of "Future, E-Mobility, Climate".
- 30 March to 1 May 2023: The Ischgl event series "Spring Blanc" provides enjoyable and musical reasons for white spring on the slopes with various events.
- 30 March 2023: The "Top of the Mountain Spring Concert" on the Idalp in the middle of the ski area is the kick-off of the "Spring Blanc" event series.
- 9 April 2023: The "Top of the Mountain Easter Concert" traditionally takes place on Easter Sunday in the middle of the ski area on the Idalp.
- 23 April 2023: "International Spring Snow Festival" on Alp Trida. The open-air concert takes place at an altitude of 2,500 metres on Alp Trida, which is located on the Swiss side in the ski area.
- 30 April 2023: Ischgl traditionally ends the ski season with the "Top of the Mountain Closing Concert" on Idalp.
All information about the skiing area, the stars, bookings and ticket prices: www.ischgl.com.
Free footage will be available during the evening at the following link: Footage Opening 2022
(4.344 characters with spaces)